Editor of equations
version 1.1 beta
This mathematical expression interpreter is only to its first beta version. Excuse me for its numerous flaws.
Formulae writting rules
- Allowed characters are all letters, numbers, operations, comma (decimal point), ^ (exponent and superscript), _ (subscript), ! (factorial), ( and ), ; (separates parameters).
- The others characters are not taken into account, so try to not use them at the moment.
- A function is a set of letters followed by an open round bracket. Between we can find exponents and subscripts. Its name is not used. Several parameters may be use in the brackets (this is du to a bug, so be careful please !). Example : f^2_i(x;y)
- The interpreter has some problems to know if a sub/superscript is part of a fraction or not. For example, 1/n_i and 1/(n_i) don't result in the same equation . Don't hesitate to use brackets !
- The exponents and subscripts symbols only apply to the following character, expect if it is a bracket. In this case, the shift is applyed to the whole expression in brackets. Example : is x^i/2 the half of x to the power i,(x^i)/2, or the square root of x to the power i, x^(i/2) ?
- Before create function names more or less known by everyone, remember that the square root can be written as the power a half, ie ...^(1/2).
- There are a lot of bugs in this script. For example, avoid to write several commas in a number ...
- Finaly, use, exploit brackets, and don't forget to close them. At the moment, they will keep visibles ever when they are not useful, but this has the advantage to clearly show to the interpreter what is the role of everything in the expression.
More rules ... (soon)
2333 visits/2340 visitors